Sun Savings Bank Data Privacy Statement
Sun Savings Bank is committed to maintain your privacy in all the products and services that we provide. We ensure that our practice is consistent to Republic Act No. 10173 known as the Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
This Privacy Statement, hereafter referred to as “Statement”, explains how we collect, protect, use, and share information when you access our websites and/or apply for and avail of our products and services.
This Statement outlines the general practices of Sun Savings Bank, Inc. in relation to our processes and content which as available in our website and social media page. This Statement also covers the data privacy practices we employed to our customers who apply and obtain financial products and services from the Bank such as deposits, loans and other products and services that the Bank may offer.
Our Privacy Practices
The privacy practices described in this Statement are primarily intended for individuals in the Philippines and are designed to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173) and its implementing rules and regulations. When accessing our websites and/or availing of our services from outside the Philippines, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred to and processed in the Philippines following legal and regulatory standards for data protection that may differ from your current or home jurisdictions.
Information Collected by Sun Savings Bank
Sun Savings Bank may collect information from you on any of the following sources:
Online and electronic interactions with us, including via website, mobile applications, text messaging programs or through the bank’s branded pages or applications on third party social networks (e.g. Facebook) (Twitter);
Offline interactions with us, such as direct visit in any our branches or in any form of marketing campaigns made by the bank.
Personal Information we may collect directly from you
We collect your personal information when you apply and avail our financial products and services and in your interaction with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers. Information we collect are as follows:
• Your name and personal particulars such as contact details, address, birthdate, education;
• specimen signatures;
• government ID details;
• financial information (such as income, expenses, balances, investments, tax, insurance, financial and transaction history, etc);
• employment details;
• business interests and assets;
• images via CCTV and other similar recording devices and processes which may be observed when visiting our offices and/or using our other facilities;
• voice recordings of our conversations with you.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may also seek to verify your information with third-party entities including government regulators, judicial, supervisory bodies, tax authorities or courts of competent jurisdiction and, in the process, gain additional information about you.
In the course of availing our products and services, we also collect information about your transactions and dealings which include your account activities, movements and interactions with third parties such as merchants and utility companies.
Information that we collect when you interact with Sun Savings Bank sites
We may also collect, use and keep your personal opinions or comments made known to us via feedback or responses to surveys or any other interaction that you had with our employees, authorized representatives, agents and service providers.
Why Sun Savings Bank collects personal information and how it uses it
We use your personal information only as necessary for the purpose of providing better financial products and services to you.
• Process deposit and loan applications and other financial services;
• Sending statement of accounts, collection letters and other notices;
• Statistics to be used in our research and studies to improve our products and services;
• Marketing Information to provide you with marketing communications where you have opted-in to receiving such communications. This includes information about Sun Savings Bank, its products and services, and promotions. These can be shared via electronic means (e.g. SMS, emails and online advertising) and via post.
• Compliance to bank’s rules and regulations
• Compliance with applicable laws of the Philippines such as the laws on the prevention of money laundering including the provisions of Republic Act No. 9160 (Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended (AMLA).
• legal and regulatory requirements such as submission of data to the Credit Information Corporation (CIC) (pursuant to RA No. 9510 and its implementing rules and regulations) responding to court orders and other instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other similar authorities;
• Other activities permitted by law or with your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information by Sun Savings Bank
Sun Savings Bank will not share your personal information with any third party that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless you have provided specific consent in relation to this.
We may share your personal information with third parties, under an obligation of confidentiality.
Sun Savings Bank Protect Your Information
We maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information by employing physical, technological and procedural safeguards. We train our employees to properly handle your information. Whenever we engage other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect personal information aligned with our own security standards.
We provide only the needed information to government agencies, like the BSP, Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), and third parties when allowed by law and/or per your agreement with us.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
Your personal information shall be retained for as long as the purpose for which it was collected, and such other purposes that you may have consented to from time to time, remains in effect and until such time as it is no longer required nor necessary to keep your information for any other legal, regulatory or business purposes.
You Have Rights
In respecting your rights to privacy, you are afforded with rights in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, including the right to access, correction, and objection to the processing, including the right to lodge a complaint with the National Privacy Commission.
How To Contact Us
Please visit any of our branches or send us an email at email@example.com You may also write our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Sun Savings Bank
Cebu-Fuente Osmena Head Office